Características demográficas y socioeconómicas de los adultos mayores en la Argentina: elaboración de un índice de bienestar
AbstractSince 2003, it has been observed in Argentina a paradigm shift with regard to social security, in general, and pension system, in particular, based mainly on the inclusion and solidarity. The implementation of the Pension Inclusion Plan, more than ten increases in pension benefits before the Mobility Act´s implementation, the creation of the Sustainability Guarantee Fund (FGS) and the Argentinean Integrated Retirement System (SIPA) have undeniably impacted on the economic situation of older adults through improvements in pension benefits and the highest rate of coverage. In this paper, through the estimation of a Welfare Index for the Elderly (IBPM), we conclude that the effects of these measures were not limited to mere monetary issues but hauled as a result, significant improvements in quality of life, education, health and longevity, among others, for a vulnerable age group as that of older adults.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 38817.
Date of creation: 01 Dec 2011
Date of revision:
adultos mayores; índice de bienestar; cobertura previsional; sistema previsional argentino;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2012-05-22 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2012-05-22 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-HME-2012-05-22 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Calabria, Alejandro A. & Calero, Analía Verónica, 2011.
"Políticas de inclusión social para los grupos etarios más vulnerables: Plan de Inclusión Previsional y Asignación Universal por Hijos para Protección Social
[Social inclusion policies for the," MPRA Paper 35689, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.