Determinantes de la eficiencia técnica en las actividades I+DT de los Centros Tecnológicos españoles
[Determinants of technical efficiency in R&D activities for Spanish Technological Institutes]
AbstractOne of the most important objectives of innovation policy in most advanced industrial nations is the creation of infrastructure to support innovation, facilitating the transfer of technological knowledge to companies to enable them to acquire the tools more useful and effective to improve their competitiveness. These include technology institutes, non-profit organizations which provide technology services in areas that contribute to facilitating and strengthening business innovation. The aim of this paper is to study the relative technical efficiency of Spanish technology institutes in the realization of one of its main activities: R&D activities, and the determinants of technical efficiency differences between TIs. Some conclusions from this work are the relationships between the level of technical efficiency in the R&D activities of IT and the size, geographic location and the number of corporate clients of the institute.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 38685.
Date of creation: Nov 2004
Date of revision:
Technological institutes; technical efficiency; DEA; R&D activities;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Spence, Michael, 1984. "Cost Reduction, Competition, and Industry Performance," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(1), pages 101-21, January.
- Katsoulacos, Yannis & Ulph, David, 1998. "Endogenous Spillovers and the Performance of Research Joint Ventures," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 333-57, September.
- Fare, Rolf & Knox Lovell, C. A., 1978. "Measuring the technical efficiency of production," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 150-162, October.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.