Bhopal Gas Tragedy – A Social, Economic, Legal and Environmental Analysis
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to examine the economic and legal aspects of the difficulties in obtaining compensation of chemical disaster that occurred India, when the parent company is located in the United States. After this disaster, several laws regulating chemical plant operation became mandatory in both US and in India.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 37856.
Date of creation: 10 Dec 2005
Date of revision:
Bhopal; chemical disaster; legal aspects of a chemical disaster; economic aspects of a chemical disaster;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- K32 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Environmental, Health, and Safety Law
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- O14 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.