Do economic players shape up fashion trends?
AbstractThe behavior of following the most in vogue and admired styles of dressing has been there since the ancient times. With time, people have moved on with the rapid change in the surroundings. Both the genders acknowledge fashion. Fashion is an extension of regular clothing. This paper investigates the role of economical players which includes per capita income and inflations in shaping up the various trends/ fashion trends/ trends in clothing and their consumptions for Pakistan, India, United States and Australia. The findings of this paper confirms that the outline economical players do matter for various popular trends of Pakistan, India and United States, while the same economical players they don’t really matter for shaping up the fashion trends in Australia, this suggest that these nations have different socio economical conditions along with the various different modes of lifestyles which are mattered for various categories of reasons.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 37660.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Fashion Trends; Per capita Income; Inflation; Clothing;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hasan, Dr. Syed Akif & Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms. Amber, 2011. "New Article of Clothing translates the Mood of an Individual," MPRA Paper 34761, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hasan, Dr. Syed Akif & Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms. Amber, 2012. "A battle between branded and me too brands (unbranded) products," MPRA Paper 35677, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms.Amber, 2009.
"A Study On The Association Between Brand Awareness And Consumer/Brand Loyalty For The Packaged Milk Industry In Pakistan,"
21367, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Sep 2009.
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms. Amber, 2011. "A study on the association between brand awareness and consumer/brand loyalty for the packaged milk industry in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 34801, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.