Co-movements of consumption patterns of high and low involvement products
AbstractThis study examines the co-movement of the buying patterns of the high and low involvement products in Pakistan in the presence of various economic players. Yearly data is collected from 1991 to 2010 containing unemployment rate, inflation rate, per capita income (MP) and interest rate (average) and the consumptions of High and low involvement products. Results reveal that there are the fluctuating trends in unemployment rate, inflation rate, per capita income and interest rate for the different time intervals while the consumptions of high and low involvement product is found to be co integrated for the outlined years during the fluctuating trends of outlined economical players.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 37659.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
High involvement product; Low involvement products; economical players; co-integration;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E2 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2012-04-03 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-MAC-2012-04-03 (Macroeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms.Amber, 2009.
"A Study On The Association Between Brand Awareness And Consumer/Brand Loyalty For The Packaged Milk Industry In Pakistan,"
21367, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Sep 2009.
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms. Amber, 2011. "A study on the association between brand awareness and consumer/brand loyalty for the packaged milk industry in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 34801, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nannette Lindenberg & Frank Westermann, 2009.
"Common Trends and Common Cycles among Interest Rates of the G7-Countries,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2532, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lindenberg, Nannette & Westermann, Frank, 2012. "Common trends and common cycles among interest rates of the G7-countries," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1125-1140.
- Nannette Lindenberg & Frank Westermann, 2009. "Common Trends and Common Cycles among Interest Rates of the G7-Countries," Working Papers 77, Institute of Empirical Economic Research.
- Nadia Zakir & Muhammad Idrees, 2009.
"Trends in Inequality, Welfare, and Growth in Pakistan, 1963-64 to 2004-05,"
2009:53, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Nadia Zakir & Muhammad Idrees, 2009. "Trends in Inequality, Welfare, and Growth in Pakistan, 1963-64 to 2004-05," Microeconomics Working Papers 22983, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- F. Thomas Juster & Paul Wachtel, 1972. "Inflation and the Consumer," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 3(1), pages 71-122.
- Ivan O. Kitov, 2008.
"Real GDP per capita in developed countries,"
- Weber, Warren E, 1975. "Interest Rates, Inflation, and Consumer Expenditures," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(5), pages 843-58, December.
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms. Amber & Lakhiya, Zubair, 2011. "The Structure and Performance of Economy of Pakistan (Comparative Study between Democratic and Non-Democratic Governments)," MPRA Paper 34732, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- Hasan, Dr. Syed Akif & Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms. Amber, 2012. "The crux of green marketing: an empirical effusive study," MPRA Paper 35688, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.