Spending patterns in youth
AbstractThe age of juvenility i.e. the youth has become emerged with new personality characteristics, which has made them more powerful than ever before. Similarly, the youth has become more spendthrift in their daily routine to satisfy their self-concept and social circle they belong to or wish to move in to. From yester years, spending pattern of youth has increased at large and they have now more autonomy at making buying decisions. This research is giving a clear answer of youth spending behavior and factors which influence this behavior. The findings of this paper present a precise glimpse on the factors which decides the increasing spending patterns in youth. It is noted that both the male and female youth have different spending patterns with a slight similarity. Thus, this paper is a healthy insight for the marketing professionals focusing their brand inventions for the youth as their target market.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 37657.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Youth; Spending Patterns; Consumer Behavior; Brands;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice and Growth - - - Intertemporal Consumer Choice; Life Cycle Models and Saving
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-03 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- O'Guinn, Thomas C & Faber, Ronald J, 1989. " Compulsive Buying: A Phenomenological Exploration," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(2), pages 147-57, September.
- Hasan, Dr. Syed Akif & Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms. Amber, 2011. "Marketing is all about taking money from customers (an application of Tobit model)," MPRA Paper 34762, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hasan, Dr. Syed Akif & Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms. Amber, 2011. "Plastic Money/Credit Cards Charisma for Now and Then (A Thin Line between Easy Money and Risky Money)," MPRA Paper 34739, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.