Estimação da matriz insumo-produto utilizando dados preliminares das contas nacionais: aplicação e análise de indicadores econômicos para o Brasil em 2005
[Estimation of input-output matrix using preliminary data from national accounts: application and analysis of economic indicators for Brazil in 2005]
AbstractThe current study aims to evaluate the methodology of Input-Output matrices estimation, at basic prices, based on preliminary data from the Brazil’s National Accounts. The same is tested for the year 2005, and the results obtained from input-output matrix (final version), available in IBGE site, and the matrix estimated buy this method are compared. The results of the analysis consist of employment and production multipliers and interrelated sectors rates from Rasmussen-Hirschman, economic indicators based on the theory of input-output. It follows that the series of economic indicators of the matrix and the matrix released by the IBGE are no different, based on statistical analysis (correlation coefficients). Therefore, the proposed methodology can be used for the estimation of national input-output matrices for periods when there are only preliminary data. The structural analyzes performed with the economy estimated matrices are valid for the year under review.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 37539.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Input-output; National Accounts; Brazil;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- João Ricardo Faria, 2010. "Most Cited Articles Published in Brazilian Journals of Economics: Google Scholar Rankings," Economia, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics], vol. 11(1), pages 1_25.
- Guilhoto, J. J. M. & Sesso Filho, U. A., 2005.
"Estimação da Matriz Insumo-Produto a Partir De Dados Preliminares das Contas Nacionais
[Estimation of input-output matrix using preliminary data from national accounts]," MPRA Paper 38212, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yücer, Aycil & Siroën, Jean-Marc & GUILHOTO, Joaquim, 2013. "Internal and International Vertical Specialization of Brazilian states– An Input-Output analysis," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/11720, Paris Dauphine University.
- Antonio Carlos Moretto & João Dias & João Carlos Lopes, & Rossana Lott Rodrigues, 2013. "Effects of demand shocks in the Brazilian economy: new production and value added multipliers," Working Papers Department of Economics 2013/22, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Alexandre Messa, 2012.
"Structural Change in The Brazilian Economy in The 2000s,"
1770, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Alexandre Messa, 2014. "Structural Change In The Brazilianeconomy In The 2000s," Anais do XL Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 40th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 087, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & Siroën, Jean-Marc & Yucer, Ayçil, 2013. "Internal and International Vertical Specialization– Estimations For Brazil and new Approach to Gravity Models," MPRA Paper 46897, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joaquim Guilhoto & Cinthia Costa & Marcelo Cunha & Kathleen Araujo, 2011.
"The Role of Ethanol in the Brazilian Economy: Three Decades of Progress,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa11p1478, European Regional Science Association.
- Costa, Cinthia Cabral da & Cunha, Marcelo Pereira da & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins, 2011. "The role of ethanol in the brazilian economy: three decades of progress," MPRA Paper 32224, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gutierre, Leopoldo M. & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & Nogueira, Tatiana A., 2012.
"Estrutura produtiva, de consumo e de formação de renda brasileira: uma análise de insumo-produto para o ano de 2008
[Productive structure, consumption and Brazilian income formation: an analysis," MPRA Paper 46956, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.