Estimación de matrices de insumo producto regionales mediante métodos indirectos. Una aplicación para la ciudad de Buenos Aires
[A non-survey estimation for regional input-output tables. An application for Buenos Aires City]
AbstractThe input output analysis is used by a lot of cities with the objective to study interregional trade problems. We focused our work on Argentina, and we present a model with two regions: Buenos Aires city and the rest of the country. Buenos Aires does not have an Input Output Tables or a regional account system, so we have to estimate the model with non-survey and calibration techniques. Non-survey techniques are commonly used to model intraregional trade in a region. We used the AFLQ location quotient to estimate the trade in each region. Then we must to compute the regional imports/exports, and for this we based our work on calibration techniques. Biproportional adjustment (RAS) and cross entropy were the calibration techniques used to build the interregional input output model. In the presented case the work find that cross entropy could reply exactly the national input output tables, because it enforce additional constraints. If we look the results, RAS technique overestimate the Buenos Aires technical coefficients compared with cross entropy. There are not substantial differences on technical coefficients between RAS and cross entropy in the other region.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 37006.
Date of creation: 29 Feb 2012
Date of revision:
Matriz insumo-producto regional. RAS. Entropía. Coeficientes de localización;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Romero, Carlos Adrian & Mastronardi, Leonardo Javier & Faye, Magalí Julieta, 2012.
"Análisis de coeficientes de localización. El caso de la provincia de Córdoba
[Location quotient analysis. The case of Córdoba state]," MPRA Paper 36997, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Golan, Amos & Judge, George & Robinson, Sherman, 1994. "Recovering Information from Incomplete or Partial Multisectoral Economic Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(3), pages 541-49, August.
- Romero, Carlos A., 2009.
"Calibración de modelos de equilibrio general computado: Métodos y práctica usual
[Calibration of CGE models: Methods and current practice]," MPRA Paper 17767, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- JH Ll DEWHURST, .
"Regional Size, Industrial Location And Input-Output Expenditure Coefficients,"
Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics
074, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Philip Mccann & John H. LL. Dewhurst, 1998. "Regional Size, Industrial Location and Input-Output Expenditure Coefficients," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 32(5), pages 435-444.
- Chisari, Omar & Ferro, Gustavo & González, Mariano & León, Sonia & Maquieryra, Javier & Mastronardi, Leonardo & Roitman, Mauricio & Romero, Carlos & Theller, Ricardo, 2010. "Modelo de Equilibrio General Computado para la Argentina 2006," UADE Textos de DiscusiÃ³n 63_2010, Instituto de Economía, Universidad Argentina de la Empresa.
- Robinson, Sherman & Cattaneo, Andrea & El-Said, Moataz, 1998. "Estimating a social accounting matrix using cross entropy methods:," TMD discussion papers 33, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Chisari, Omar Osvaldo & Mastronardi, Leonardo Javier & Romero, Carlos Adrián, 2012. "Local taxes in Buenos Aires City: A CGE approach," MPRA Paper 40029, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chisari, Omar Osvaldo & Mastronardi, Leonardo Javier & Romero, Carlos Adrián, 2012. "Building an input-output Model for Buenos Aires City," MPRA Paper 40028, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.