Taking two to tango: the joint prospective assessment of pension sustainability and adequacy in Belgium
AbstractThis presentation discusses how such integrated approach using shared demographic and macroeconomic assumptions has been developed in Belgium. It describes the dynamic microsimulation model MIDAS, highlighting how it aligns to the simulation results of the semi-aggregate model MALTESE. The authors would like to thank Jean-Maurice Frère and Michel Englert for their valuable comments on a previous version of this paper.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 36138.
Date of creation: Nov 2011
Date of revision:
Pensions; adequacy; sustainability; microsimulation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2012-02-20 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2012-02-20 (Computational Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gijs DEKKERS & Raphaël Desmet, 2011. "Inégalité et pauvreté chez les personnes âgées : une projection à long terme," Reflets et perspectives de la vie économique, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(4), pages 155-168.
- Greet De Vil & Gijs Dekkers & Raphael Desmet & Marie-Jeanne Festjens, 2010.
"Working Paper 22-10 - Adéquation des pensions et coût budgétaire du vieillissement: impacts de réformes et de scénarios alternatifs
[Working Paper 22-10 - Toereikendheid van het pensioen en bu," Working Papers 1022, Federal Planning Bureau, Belgium.
- Cathal O'Donoghue & John Lennon & Stephen Hynes, 2009.
"The Life-Cycle Income Analysis Model (LIAM): a study of a flexible dynamic microsimulation modelling computing framework,"
International Journal of Microsimulation,
Interational Microsimulation Association, vol. 2(1), pages 16-31.
- Cathal O’Donoghue & John Lennon & Stephen Hynes, 2009. "The Life-Cycle Income Analysis Model (LIAM): A Study of a Flexible Dynamic Microsimulation Modelling Computing Framework," CeRP Working Papers 85, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Elsa Fornero & Annamaria Lusardi & Chiara Monticone, 2009. "Adequacy of Saving for Old Age in Europe," CeRP Working Papers 87, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.