The Triangular Relationship between the Commission, NRAs and National Courts Revisited
AbstractIn this article, the authors review the relationship between the Commission, the national regulatory authorities (NRAs) and national courts in light of the Commission's proposals for reform as laid out in the 2006 Review. They focus upon the Article 7 and Article 4 procedures of Directive 2002/21. They conclude that the Commission proposals leave key questions and their implications outside of discussion and fail to address core issues such as the standard of assessment under Article 7, the accountability for decisions taken upstream of the NRA, and the scope and depth of judicial review.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 3574.
Date of creation: Dec 2006
Date of revision:
Institutional framework; Article 7 procedure; accountability and judicial review;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- K29 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Other
- K40 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - General
- K41 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Litigation Process
- K21 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Antitrust Law
- K23 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Regulated Industries and Administrative Law
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-06-23 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philippe Defraigne & Alexandre de Streel, 2011. "What is the digital internal market and where the European Union should intervene?," RSCAS Working Papers 2011/33, European University Institute.
- Philippe DEFRAIGNE & Alexandre de STREEL, 2011. "Where Should the European Union Intervene to Foster the Internal Market for eComms?," Communications & Strategies, IDATE, Com&Strat dept., vol. 1(82), pages 63-84, 2nd quart.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.