Non-standardized form of CAPM and stock returns
AbstractEmerging markets like Pakistan confront with the problem to validate the CAPM in its original form. Since standard form of this model has unrealistic assumptions, different non-standardized forms have been introduced by different researchers. This paper also introduces a non-standardized form of CAPM to validate whether it is applicable in Pakistan. The data of 20 companies of different sectors, covering the period of 2007 to 2008 were collected. One year KIBOR is taken in replacement of T-bill rates. Beta 3 is calculated using an equation to show the negative relationship between interest rate and market returns. The results of regression analysis reveal mixed results. For instance, mean return of companies in cement and chemical sector is linearly related to its beta risk while other sectors have volatile results.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 35604.
Date of creation: Jan 2012
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in International Journal of Business and Social Science 2.3(2012): pp. 193-201
CAPM; Corporate Finance; Market Return;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- P34 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Finance
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-10 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lau, Sheila C & Quay, Stuart R & Ramsey, Carl M, 1974. "The Tokyo Stock Exchange and the Capital Asset Pricing Model," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 507-14, May.
- Bengt Holmström, 2001. "LAPM: A Liquidity-Based Asset Pricing Model," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(5), pages 1837-1867, October.
- Lamoureux, Christopher G & Lastrapes, William D, 1990. " Heteroskedasticity in Stock Return Data: Volume versus GARCH Effects," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 221-29, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.