Procesy konsolidacyjne. Raiders & targets w polskich instytucjach finansowych
[Consolidation Processes: Raiders & Targets in Polish Financial Institutions]
AbstractThe work consists of five chapters, an annex and an appendix. In the first chapter the author describes the point of consolidation processes, presents: the meaning of consolidation processes, active and institutional aspects of merger execution, gives a classification of the consolidation processes and considers conditions of execution of consolidations processes in the Polish law, The next chapter concerns reasons of consolidation processes. The author describes there in turn: motives of these processes, distinguishes buyer's motives and seller's motives, and presents motives of consolidation processes in financial institutions. The third chapter concerns the aims of consolidation processes - theoretical, contained in economic theory, and practical, for example of the Polish financial institutions. The fourth chapter is a detailed presentation of techniques used in acquisitions, moreover techniques of defense. The last chapter consists of a description of the structure of financial service markets in Poland and consolidation changes, which have existed on particular financial service markets in Poland, The work is supplemented by an extensive annex, in which the Author presents all financial institutions, which have participated in consolidation processes in Poland in capital, ownership and institutional aspects. The appendix contains a graphic illustration which presents process of the creation process of fifteen of financial institutions the most engaged in consolidation processes in Poland.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 35459.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
procesy konsolidacyjne; instytucje finansowe; raiders & targets;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- N2 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mitchell, Karlyn & Onvural, Nur M, 1996. "Economies of Scale and Scope at Large Commercial Banks: Evidence from the Fourier Flexible Functional Form," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(2), pages 178-99, May.
- Noulas, Athanasios G & Ray, Subhash C & Miller, Stephen M, 1990. "Returns to Scale and Input Substitution for Large U.S. Banks," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 22(1), pages 94-108, February.
- Mester, Loretta J., 1996. "A study of bank efficiency taking into account risk-preferences," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 1025-1045, July.
- Aruna Srinivasan & Larry D. Wall, 1992. "Cost savings associated with bank mergers," Working Paper 92-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Miller, Stephen M. & Noulas, Athanasios G., 1996. "The technical efficiency of large bank production," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 495-509, April.
- Poteraj, Jarosław, 2002.
"Polskie instytucje finansowe: Kreacja rynków i procesy konsolidacyjne
[Polish Financial Institutions: Market Creation and Consolidation Processes]," MPRA Paper 35068, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- POTERAJ, Jarosław, 2005.
"Zmiany na rynku powszechnych towarzystw emerytalnych w Polsce po przystąpieniu do Unii Europejskiej
[Changes on the public pension societies market in Poland after its accession to European Union]," MPRA Paper 13975, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.