Return to devalued drachma, cost-push inflation and international competitiveness
AbstractThis paper presents empirical estimates of the effects of a return to devalued drachma on the cost-inflation rate in the Greek economy. The results show moderate effects and the potential for substantial improvements in the balance of goods and services.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 35413.
Date of creation: 14 Dec 2011
Date of revision:
Cost-Push Inflation; Drachma Devaluation; Dynamic Input-Output Price Models; Greek Economy; International Competitiveness;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E11 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Marxian; Sraffian; Institutional; Evolutionary
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ian Steedman, 2000. "Income Distribution, Foreign Trade and the Value-Added Vector," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 221-230.
- Mariolis, Th., 2000. "The Division of Labour in European Monetary Union: Absolute Versus Comparative Advantage," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(1-2), pages 79-90, January -.
- Morciano, Michele, 1984. "Price dynamics in an input-output model : An alternative approach," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 363-368.
- Brewer, Anthony, 1985. "Trade with fixed real wages and mobile capital," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 177-186, February.
- Theodore Mariolis, 2008. "Pure Joint Production, Income Distribution, Employment And The Exchange Rate," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(4), pages 656-665, November.
- Mariolis, Theodore, 2006. "Distribution and Growth in a Multi-Sector Open Economy with Excess Capacity," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio di Genova, vol. 59(1), pages 51-61.
- Metcalfe, J S & Steedman, Ian, 1981. "Some Long- Run Theory of Employment, Income Distribution and the Exchange Rate," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 49(1), pages 1-20, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.