Estimations de l'emploi régional salarié français détaillé au 31.12.2007 et agrégé au 31.12.2008
[Estimation of the french salaried regional employment detailed at 31.12.2007 and aggregated at 31.12.2008]
AbstractSince 1973, INSEE provided each year, some statistics about French sectoral and regional (departmental one, since 2002) wage-earning and non wage-earning job. This statistics works is heavy and spend a long time to check all collected and calculated data because the level of disaggregation is more important. It spend two years between the period to observe the employment, and the period when the issue is available. However, it seems to be possible, to provide some reasonable statistics about employment, below to this delay. After a first work (R.Buda, 2008) about the estimation of employment at year 2006, this paper describes the detailed estimation of employment at year 2007 and the aggregated estimation of employment at year 2008, using the multidimensional modelling softwares SIMUL and SIM2 we developed. We have used two kinds of models: some Error Correction Models and some Alternative Equations Massive Set Models, then we have compared our results to the available temporary data issues from the social and economic institutions. We adopted a short-term step here - if such a step is compatible with regional analysis -, but we never assume our work could replace the work of the French Institute.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 34884.
Date of creation: Jun 2010
Date of revision:
Labor Market ; Region ; Salaried Employment ; Estimation ; Economic Situation ; Regional and Sectoral Analysis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Buda, Rodolphe, 2003. "Une analyse qualitative de l'offre statistique de l'INSÉÉ : travaux préparatoires pour la construction d'une banque de données d'emploi régional," MPRA Paper 4017, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Buda, Rodolphe, 2011.
"Estimation de l'emploi sectoriel par zone d'emploi du 31.12.1989 au 31.12.2010 – Compléments à la série 1998–2007 de l'INSEE
[Estimation of the Sectoral Employment by Employment Areas from t," MPRA Paper 36523, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.