Riba in La-riba contracts:where to turn in Islamic home financing?
AbstractEven as the BBA model has not made a complete exit from Islamic home financing, the musharkah mutanaqisa partnership (MMP) model is fast gaining popularity with the jurists and the bankers alike as a truly interest free alternative. This paper reproduces our earlier evidence that the MMP model is no different from the conventional home financing involving interest. In this context it refers to actual cases from some countries, especially the US, where MMP is gaining ground. We shall reiterate that our Diminishing Balance Model (DBM) in several ways over the MMP..
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 34386.
Date of creation: 24 Oct 2011
Date of revision:
Key words: Islam; home finance; interest based model; MMP model; DBM;
Other versions of this item:
- Hasan, Zubair, 2012. ""Riba in La-riba contracts: where to turn in Islamic home financing?," MPRA Paper 38166, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hasan, Zubair, 2011. "Riba in La-riba contracts: where to turn in Islamic home financing?," MPRA Paper 35421, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hasan, Zubair, 2011. "Diminishing balance model for Islamic home finance: Final version," MPRA Paper 32766, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hasan, Zubair, 2012. "Islamic norms, the excel formula and home financing models," MPRA Paper 47955, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
- Hasan, Zubair, 2012. "Mortgage contracts in Islamic home finance: Musharakah Mutanaqisah program vs. Zubair diminishing balance model," MPRA Paper 39067, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hasan, Zubair, 2012. "Excel formula and Islamic norms for home financing," MPRA Paper 42835, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.