A model of the Keynesian theory for Portugal
AbstractWith this work we try to present a model for Portugal based on the Keynesian theory. We built the model taking into account the Verdoorn Law, with the alternative specifications of (1)Kaldor (1966), for the five Portuguese regions (NUTS II) and from 1986 to 1994. We had in mind, yet in this work, the alternative interpretation of (2)Rowthorn (1975) of the Verdoorn's Law for the same regions and periods. The results of this work will be complemented with estimates of these relationships to other sectors of the economy than the industry (primary and services sector) and for the total economy of each region.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 33624.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Keynesian theory; linear models; Portuguese regions;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- C20 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - General
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-01 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Miguel A. Leon-Ledesma, 1998. "Economic Growth and Verdoorn's Law in the Spanish Regions, 1962-1991," Studies in Economics 9801, Department of Economics, University of Kent.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.