The adoption of the European System of Accounts 1995 framework in the national accounts of Malta
AbstractThe release of ESA 1995 GDP data for Malta has ushered in great changes in the way in which the Maltese economy can be analysed. Indicators computed from the new national accounts reveal that the Maltese economy has achieved a relatively high degree of convergence with the European average, especially when compared with other new Member States. However some industries which are less subject to competitive pressures under-perform compared with their European counterparts, while employment rates remain very low.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 33460.
Date of creation: Jun 2004
Date of revision:
national accounts; productivity; sectoral analysis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carol S. Carson & Lucie LalibertÃ©, 2001. "Manuals on Macroeconomic Statistics: A Stocktaking to Guide Future Work," IMF Working Papers 01/183, International Monetary Fund.
- Leonard, W. Patrick, 2001. "Education Policy Analysis 1998.: By Centre for Educational Research and Innovation. Paris, France: Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development, 1998 84 pp. Price: FF 120; U.S.$ 20.00 DM 36 ," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 195-196, April.
- Heath, Julia A., 2001. "Human Capital Investment: An International Comparison: Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development; Centre for Educational Research and Innovation, OECD, Paris, 1998, pp. 113, Price $25.00 ," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 93-94, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.