Adoption and Impact of Mobile-Integrated Business Processes - Comparison of Existing Frameworks and Analysis of their Generalization Potential
AbstractThe integration of mobile workplaces in the (electronically mapped) intra-enterprise value chain is a major and still increasing corporate IT issue. Although the usage of mobile technologies for this purpose is far behind expectations and numerous failures can be observed,still little work has been done on theory building in this area. In this contribution we identify and compare existing frameworks for adoption and impact of mobile technology to support mobile business processes. The hypotheses underlying these frameworks are challenged with experiences from three long-term case studies which are diverse in industry, company size and other factors in order to scrutinize their potential for generalization. The outcome is a set of hypotheses that show robustness against variation of major parameters and thus may be suitable to serve as a basis for a generalized and unified framework on mobile-integrated business processes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 3243.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2007-05-19 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ICT-2007-05-19 (Information & Communication Technologies)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pousttchi, Key & Thurnher, Bettina, 2006. "Understanding Effects and Determinants of Mobile Support Tools: A Usability-Centered Field Study on IT Service Technicians," MPRA Paper 2924, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pousttchi, Key & Thurnher, Bettina, 2006.
"Einsatz mobiler Technologie zur Unterstützung von Geschäftsprozessen
[Usage of mobile technolgies to support business processes]," MPRA Paper 3781, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gumpp, Andreas & Pousttchi, Key, 2005. "The “Mobility-M”-framework for Application of Mobile Technology in Business Processes," MPRA Paper 2922, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mobiler Geschäftsprozess in Wikipedia German ne '')
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.