Method of supply chain optimization in E-commerce
AbstractRapid development of technologies and their penetration into all sectors generates a wide range of streamlining of production and trade processes. Electronic commerce is the area in which information and communication technology (ICT) is an essential and indispensable element. It is based on the use of e-commerce systems. An e-commerce system combines several parts consisting of customers, suppliers (sellers, dealers, producers, businessmen, etc.), the web server (web interface), the information system (ERP, CRM, the database system), the payment system, the dispatch system and the legislature itself. All these subsystems must be managed both at the operational level and in terms of the whole e-commerce system. E-commerce systems are tools meant to support the supply chain (SC), the quality of which as well as other parts of the e-commerce system largely depend on management processes representing supply chain management (SCM). The optimal way to ensure the success of SCM is to use the methods of modelling and simulation based on appropriate models and mathematical representation of a real SC. Such models are constructed with the use of process and value-chain oriented approaches or based on the concept of multi-agent systems. Different types of models in conjunction with a suitable mathematical representation allow us to perform the simulation process which outputs can help managers make suitable decisions. The paper aims at presenting contemporary approaches to the supply chain modelling within e-commerce systems. Moreover, the case study emphasized hereby is oriented to present the sample simulation approach in order to find the optimal allocation of resources which are meant to minimize shipping costs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 32366.
Date of creation: May 2011
Date of revision:
e-commerce system; supply chain; supply chain management; warehouse; allocation of resources;
Other versions of this item:
- Petr SUCHÃNEK & Robert BUCKI, 2011. "Method Of Supply Chain Optimization In E-Commerce," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 6(3(17)/ Fa), pages 257-263.
- C69 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Other
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- M29 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Other
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-02 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wan, Yat-wah & Cheung, Raymond K. & Liu, Jiyin & Tong, Judy H., 1998. "Warehouse location problems for air freight forwarders: a challenge created by the airport relocation," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 201-207.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.