Analysis of the optimal size of the government consumption
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to investigate the size of the government in 12 OECD countries. Data are gathered from Penn Tables. Clustered robust OLS estimation techniques have been used. The functional form is quadratic is been used, to determine the point where the size of the government is optimal. Government consumption has been used as a proxy variable for government size.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 32063.
Date of creation: 07 Jul 2011
Date of revision:
Government size; Clustered robust OLS; quadratic equation; Armey curve;
Other versions of this item:
- Josheski, Dushko & Lazarov, Darko & Koteski, Cane, 2011. "Analysis of the optimal size of the government consumption," MPRA Paper 32983, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- E02 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Institutions and the Macroeconomy
- H0 - Public Economics - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-07-13 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Barro, 1991.
"Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
2588, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J, 1990. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages S103-26, October.
- Barro, Robert J., 1990. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogeneous Growth," Scholarly Articles 3451296, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, R.J., 1988. "Government Spending In A Simple Model Of Endogenous Growth," RCER Working Papers 130, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Scully, Gerald W, 2003. " Optimal Taxation, Economic Growth and Income Inequality," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 115(3-4), pages 299-312, June.
- Philip J. Grossman, 1987. "The Optimal Size of Government," Monash Economics Working Papers archive-06, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Bernhard Heitger, 2001. "The Scope of Government and its Impact on Economic Growth in OECD Countries," Kiel Working Papers 1034, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.