Analysis of Purchasing power parity with data for Macedonia
AbstractThis paper examines PPP parity theory with data for Macedonia. We test the empirical consensus in this literature that real exchange rates tend towards PPP in the very long run, also we use co-integration Engle-Granger method and error correction mechanism. The hypothesis we test that PPP theory holds in long run in the case of Macedonia, and this hypothesis is proven to be true.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 32023.
Date of creation: 01 Jun 2011
Date of revision: 2011
PPP; Exchange rate; Co-integration; unit root; stationarity;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robin Brooks & Kenneth Rogoff & Ashoka Mody & Nienke Oomes & Aasim M. Husain, 2004.
"Evolution and Performance of Exchange Rate Regimes,"
IMF Occasional Papers
229, International Monetary Fund.
- Aasim M. Husain & Ashoka Mody & Nienke Oomes & Robin Brooks & Kenneth Rogoff, 2003. "Evolution and Performance of Exchange Rate Regimes," IMF Working Papers 03/243, International Monetary Fund.
- Jane Bogoev & Sultanija Bojceva Terzijan & Balazs Egert & Magdalena Petrovska, 2008.
"Real Exchange Rate Dynamics in Macedonia: Old Wisdoms and New Insights,"
2008-01, National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia.
- Bogoev, Jane & Bojceva Terzijan, Sultanija & Égert, Balázs & Petrovska, Magdalena, 2008. "Real Exchange Rate Dynamics in Macedonia: Old Wisdoms and New Insights," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy, vol. 2(18), pages 1-19.
- Bogoev, Jane & Bojceva Terzijan, Sultanija & Égert, Balázs & Petrovska, Magdalena, 2007. "Real exchange rate dynamics in Macedonia: Old wisdoms and new insights," Economics Discussion Papers 2007-37, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.