Economic Integration between ASEAN+5 Countries: Comparison of GDP
AbstractThis study aims to investigate the causality direction of economic integration among ASEAN countries together with five other neighboring countries, namely Australia, China, Japan, New Zealand and South Korea. The analysis is based on the economic integration of GDP covering the sample period from 1967 to 2007. Empirical results from the Toda and Yamomoto (1995) Granger non-causality tests depicted the existence of bi-directional causality relationships between the GDP of ASEAN and China; GDP of ASEAN and Japan; GDP ASEAN and South Korea, and also GDP of ASEAN and New Zealand. This indicates that there is a great potential for ASEAN countries moving towards higher degree of economic integration via strengthening the relationship with those countries within the region.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 31764.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Global Review of Business and Economics Research 2.6(2010): pp. 191-198
Toda and Yamomoto; Economic Integration; ASEAN+5;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F50 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - General
- C19 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Other
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Evan Lau & Koon Po Lee, 2008.
"Interdependence of income between China and ASEAN-5 countries,"
Journal of Chinese Economic and Foreign Trade Studies,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(2), pages 148-161, December.
- Lau, Evan & Lee, Koon Po, 2007. "Interdependence of Income between China and ASEAN-5 Countries," MPRA Paper 2231, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rana, Pradumna B., 2006. "Economic Integration in East Asia: Trends, Prospects, and a Possible Roadmap," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 2, Asian Development Bank.
- Toda, Hiro Y. & Yamamoto, Taku, 1995. "Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 225-250.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.