The path of a scholar
Abstract“The path of a scholar” is the introduction to Production, Distribution and Trade: Alternative Perspectives, a volume of essays in honour of Sergio Parrinello (edited by Adriano Birolo, Duncan Foley, Heinz Kurz, Bertram Schefold and Ian Steedman, published by Routledge, 2010). The author traces out the scientific career of Sergio Parrinello in context of the italian market for economists of the sixties and seventies of the twentieth century and critically discusses his most significant works, specially those have resulted as seminal contributions for the later development of the neo-Ricardian theory. This discussion inevitably evolves in a tentative appraisal of the meaning of the neo-Ricardian theory in the recent history of political economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 30734.
Date of creation: Apr 2010
Date of revision:
neo-Ricardian; capital controversy; history of political economy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B51 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Socialist; Marxian; Sraffian
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- B0 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - General
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mario Pomini, 2009. "A Note On Metroeconomica: Shackle'S Contribution," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 229-244, 05.
- K. Vela Velupillai, 2008.
"Sraffa's mathematical economics: a constructive interpretation,"
Journal of Economic Methodology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 325-342.
- K. Vela Velupillai, 2007. "Sraffa's Mathematical Economics - A Constructive Interpretation," Department of Economics Working Papers 0702, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Garegnani, Pierangelo, 1983. "The Classical Theory of Wages and the Role of Demand Schedules in the Determination of Relative Prices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 309-13, May.
- Maria Cristina Marcuzzo & Annalisa Rosselli, 2002. "Economics as History of Economics: The Italian Case in Retrospect," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 34(5), pages 98-109, Supplemen.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521580892 is not listed on IDEAS
- Garegnani, P, 1970. "Heterogeneous Capital, the Production Function and the Theory of Distribution," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(3), pages 407-36, July.
- Birolo, Adriano, 2010.
"La ricerca economica in Italia tra pluralismo e monismo: i giovani economisti negli ultimi trent’anni
[The Italian economic research between pluralism and monism: the young economists in the last," MPRA Paper 27219, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.