О Российской Экономической Науке Сквозь Призму Публикаций Российских Ученых В Отечественных И Зарубежных Журналах За 2000-2009 Гг
[Economic science in Russia through the lens of publications of Russian economists in national and international journals over 2000–2009]
AbstractThe paper focuses on the current state of economic science in Russia with a particular emphasis on the role of Russian journals in accumulation and dis-semination of knowledge. We compare important quantitative characteristics of Russian and international journals in the field of economics. We also attempt to establish correspondences between the impact-factor of the Russian Science Ci-tation Index on the one hand and the impact-factors of RePEc and Web of Sci-ence databases on the other hand. Using the EconLit database we analyze publications of Russian econo-mists, who can be regarded, according to a number of criteria, as most active re-searchers, in international journals. Among our main conclusions are low quality of Russian economic journals and low recognition of them in the world, a lim-ited number of Russian economists who are actively publishing in international journals, with most of them concentrated in few institutions such as New Eco-nomic School, Central Economics and Mathematics Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, and Higher School of Economics. Overall, our analysis confirms the widely held view that economic science in Russia is progressing rather slowly and remains poorly integrated into the world’s science.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 30230.
Date of creation: Mar 2011
Date of revision:
Russian economic science; Russian economic journals; bibliometric rankings;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2011-04-23 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-SOG-2011-04-23 (Sociology of Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2011-04-23 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zaostrovtsev, Andrei, 2005. "The Principal Conflict in Contemporary Russian Economic Thought: Traditional Approaches Against Economics," HWWA Discussion Papers 329, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Michael Alexeev & Clifford Gaddy & Jim Leitzel, 1992. "Economics in the Former Soviet Union," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 137-148, Spring.
- Kalaitzidakis, P. & Mamuneas, T.P. & Stengos, T., 2003. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions," Working Papers 2003-8, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Muravyev, Alexander, 2012.
"К Вопросу О Классификации Российских Журналов По Экономике И Смежным Дисциплинам
[On classification of Russian journals in Econ," MPRA Paper 43459, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.