Macroeconomic Performance and Critical Development Issues
AbstractThis article presents the results of a careful analytical review of the Mozambican economy based on the scattered evidence of a recently published set of national accounts data, covering the period up to 1993, will be drawn upon. However, the objective is not to reach a final position on whether adjustment has worked or not. Rather, the issues to be addressed are (i) to find out what can be said about the macroeconomic performance of Mozambique over the past decade in light of the events that led to the ERP and the actual reform policies pursued, and in turn (ii) to identify on this basis some of the more critical macroeconomic problems facing the Mozambican government in the short to medium-term.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 29791.
Date of creation: Aug 1996
Date of revision:
Mozambique; Macroeconomic Performance;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C82 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Macroeconomic Data; Data Access
- E00 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - General
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tarp, Finn, 1984. "Agrarian Transformation in Mozambique," MPRA Paper 29325, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Channing Arndt & Sam Jones & Finn Tarp, 2006. "Aid and Development: The Mozambican Case," Discussion Papers 06-13, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Wallis, Joe & Dollery, Brian, 2001. "Government Failure, Social Capital and the Appropriateness of the New Zealand Model for Public Sector Reform in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 245-263, February.
- Alfieri, Andrea & Arndt, Channing & Cirera, Xavier, 2007. "Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Mozambique," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper 48552, World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.