Development and poverty in Romania
AbstractThe paper is concerned with poverty in Romania during a period of economic growth (2000-2008). The poverty incidence and profile before financial and economic crisis and the evolution of poverty in the context of economic growth and of a strong increase of households income have been studied, aiming to identify who is the most vulnerable at poverty risk and to find out if the growth was pro-poor or didn’t. A comparison with the others EU Member States offers some reference points for the evaluation of the actual dimensions of poverty.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 29650.
Date of creation: 25 Oct 2009
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in MegaByte 1.9(2010): pp. 103-109
poverty; economic growth; Romania; financial and economic crisis.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-66, May.
- Ravallion, Martin & Shaohua Chen, 2001.
"Measuring pro-poor growth,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2666, The World Bank.
- Molnar, Maria, 2010. "Income distribution in Romania," MPRA Paper 30062, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stephan Klasen, 2004.
"In Search of the Holy Grail: How to Achieve Pro-Poor Growth?,"
- Stephan Klasen, 2003. "In Search of The Holy Grail: How to Achieve Pro-Poor Growth ?," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 096, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Nanak Kakwani & Shahid Khandker & Hyun H. Son, 2004. "Pro-poor growth: concepts and measurement with country case studies," Working Papers 1, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.