University rankings – a guide to choose a university?
AbstractIn a more and more global world, universities compete for both students and faculty staff. Do university rankings offer a good perspective when it comes to choosing a university, as a student or university professor/researcher? This paper presents an analysis of well-known university rankings, trying to answer to the above mentioned question. It also presents an alternative to such rankings, namely intellectual capital evaluation models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 29623.
Date of creation: 06 Mar 2011
Date of revision:
university rankings; indicators; intellectual capital;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M1 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education and Research Institutions
- A2 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-03-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-IPR-2011-03-26 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-SOG-2011-03-26 (Sociology of Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Karl-Heinz Leitner, 2004. "Intellectual capital reporting for universities: conceptual background and application for Austrian universities," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 129-140, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.