Economisirea în România – evoluţii şi factori determinanţi
[Savings in Romania - developments and fundamentals]
AbstractThe paper analyses the savings developments in Romania during transition in comparison with the other CEE countries, starting from the definition of savings from the national accounts. Moreover, saving analysis is performed by institutional sectors, especially for population and nonfinancial companies sectors. Also, the paper assesses the impact of savings on the financial balance sheets of population and companies. Using panel data covering 60 countries for 1980-2009 period, the paper is estimating some quantitative models for saving and its fundamentals. The models which are based on GMM methodology are used afterwards to assess the long term outlook of savings for Romania as well for other countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 29027.
Date of creation: 20 Feb 2011
Date of revision:
private savings; panel data; Ricardian equivalence; disposable income; impact of ageing;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-03-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2011-03-05 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-TRA-2011-03-05 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cevdet Denizer & Holger C. Wolf, 2000.
"The Saving Collapse during the Transition in Eastern Europe,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 14(3), pages 445-455, September.
- Denizer, Cevdet & Wolf, Holger C., 2000. "The savings collapse during the transition in Eastern Europe," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2419, The World Bank.
- Cevdet Denizer & Holger C. Wolf, 1998.
"Household Savings in Transition Economies,"
NBER Working Papers
6457, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.