Indicadores de desarrollo humano sostenible: análisis comparativo de la experiencia española
[Indicators for sustainable development: a comparative analysis of the spanish experience]
AbstractThe objective of this research focuses on the study of systems of indicators to evaluate local policies within the framework of sustainable human development. To do this, we start with the analysis of most important international experiences, which have been the basis for the stablishment of systems of indicators arround the planet. Next, we carry out a comparative analysis of some specific Spanish experiences, trying to summarize the key aspects that are observed in such systems of indicators. Finally, we discuss the opportunities and areas for improvement to be taken into consideration when formulating a system of indicators of sustainable development.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 29019.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision: 2008
Publication status: Published in CIUDAD Y TERRITORIO. ESTUDIOS TERRITORIALES 155.40(2008): pp. 41-57
Indicators; Human sustainable development;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
- H7 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pezzey, J., 1992. "Sustainable Development Concepts; An Economic Analysis," Papers 2, World Bank - The World Bank Environment Paper.
- Bohringer, Christoph & Loschel, Andreas, 2006. "Computable general equilibrium models for sustainability impact assessment: Status quo and prospects," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 49-64, November.
- Farhad Noorbakhsh, 1998. "The human development index: some technical issues and alternative indices," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(5), pages 589-605.
- Sen, Amartya Kumar, 1970. "The Impossibility of a Paretian Liberal," Scholarly Articles 3612779, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Valeria Costantini & Salvatore Monni, 2005. "Sustainable Human Development for European Countries," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 329-351.
- Hopkins, Michael, 1991. "Human development revisited: A new UNDP report," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(10), pages 1469-1473, October.
- Sen, Amartya, 1970. "The Impossibility of a Paretian Liberal," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(1), pages 152-57, Jan.-Feb..
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.