Tensión diplomática entre Colombia y Ecuador durante 2006-2009: una mirada desde la teoría de juegos
[Diplomatic tension between Colombia and Ecuador during 2006-2009: a look from the theory of games]
AbstractThis paper centres his analysis on the diplomatic tension between Colombia and Ecuador during the period 2006-2009. For it, is studied from the game theory,the diplomatic tension that both countries faced, product the air fumigations that Colombia realized in the zone of border with the Ecuador an territory, as well as the assault trealized by the Colombian army to the camp of the revolutionary Armed forces of colombia (Farc), where Raúl Reyes was brought down. Of particular form, modelling a Not cooperative game of complete information, which proved an Efficient Nash Equilibrium for pure actions, where every country understands that the tension between both, it is affecting the importance of the binational agenda.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 28751.
Date of creation: 21 Sep 2010
Date of revision: 18 Nov 2010
Publication status: Published in Revista Economía, Gestión y Desarrollo 1657-5946.10(2010): pp. 125-141
Game Theory; diplomatic relations;
Other versions of this item:
- Santiago Arroyo Ma & Juan D. Bolañosb, 2010. "Tensión diplomática entre Colombia y Ecuador durante 2006-2009: una mirada desde la teoría de juegos," ECONOMÍA, GESTIÓN Y DESARROLLO, UNIVERSIDAD JAVERIANA - CALI.
- F50 - International Economics - - International Relations and International Political Economy - - - General
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-02-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2011-02-19 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-GTH-2011-02-19 (Game Theory)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arroyo, Santiago & Alegría, Alexander, 2009.
"El conflicto colombo-venezolano y la construcción de escenarios desde la Teoría de Juegos
[The Colombo-Venezuelan conflict and the construction of scenes from Theory of Games]," MPRA Paper 24396, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 24 Aug 2009.
- Nash, John, 1950. "The Bargaining Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 18(2), pages 155-162, April.
- Putnam, Robert D., 1988. "Diplomacy and domestic politics: the logic of two-level games," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(03), pages 427-460, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.