Challenges and possible solutions for modernization of romanian companies under the knowledge revolution
AbstractIncreasingly, many academics and business people appreciate that the kind of society humanity is moving towards is a knowledge society which is supported by a knowledge economy. A key feature of the knowledge society (Draganescu, 2004) is the emergence of a new economy where innovation process becomes curcial, where knowledge is unprecedentedly disseminated to al citizens through new ways of communication (internet, e-book, e-learning, etc.). In this type of society, the new economy - ofen clled knowledge - based economy - owes its apparence to a number of important forces now at work in the sense of changing the rules of business and national competitiveness: globalization, the increasingly use of knowledge and information, the computer networks and internet connectivity.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 28677.
Date of creation: 20 Nov 2010
Date of revision:
knowledge management; knowledge - based economy; web technologies;
Other versions of this item:
- Adrian Ghencea & Dana-Florenta Simion, 2010. "Challenges and Possible Solutions For Modernization of Romanian Companies Under The Knowledge Revolution," Revista MegaByte, Titu Maiorescu University, Department of Computer Sciences and Economical Sciences, vol. 9(2), pages 92-100.
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search, Learning, and Information
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-02-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2011-02-19 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-CSE-2011-02-19 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ICT-2011-02-19 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-KNM-2011-02-19 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul A. David & Dominique Foray, 2005.
"Economic Fundamentals Of the Knowledge Society,"
Development and Comp Systems
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.