Will India become a world economy power?
AbstractIndia's economic rise during the last decades has surprised most of the economists, including the Nobel Laureate Paul Krugman. Which are the ingredients of such an economic roadmap and why hasn’t India's economy boosted along with those of the "Asian tigers" during the 80s or later, with China’s economy? Once India became an important economic player, it can no longer be neglected in international political relations as the struggle for world supremacy became more an economic and technological competition, military rivalry going in the background. How can India maintain growth rates at such a high level? What are the prospects regarding economic and political relations between India and China?
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 28658.
Date of creation: 01 Aug 2010
Date of revision:
India; China; economic power; world economy; knowledge economy; human capital;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O53 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
- F59 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - Other
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order; Noneconomic International Organizations;; Economic Integration and Globalization: General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-02-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2011-02-19 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-SEA-2011-02-19 (South East Asia)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.