Calibration of the subdiffusive arithmetic Brownian motion with tempered stable waiting-times
AbstractIn the classical analysis many models used to real data description are based on the standard Brownian diffusion-type processes. However, some real data exhibit characteristic periods of constant values. In such cases the popular systems seem not to be applicable. Therefore we propose an alternative approach, based on the combination of the popular arithmetic Brownian motion and tempered stable subordinator. The probability density function of the proposed model can be described by a Fokker-Planck type equation and therefore it has many similar properties as the popular arithmetic Brownian motion. In this paper we propose the estimation procedure for the considered tempered stable subdiffusive arithmetic Brownian motion and calibrate the analyzed process to the real financial data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 28593.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Subdiffusion; Tempered stable distribution; Calibration;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marcin Magdziarz & Sebastian Orzel & Aleksander Weron, 2011. "Option pricing in subdiffusive Bachelier model," HSC Research Reports HSC/11/05, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Szymon Borak & Wolfgang Härdle & Rafal Weron, 2005. "Stable Distributions," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2005-008, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Rosinski, Jan, 2007. "Tempering stable processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 117(6), pages 677-707, June.
- Janczura, Joanna & Wyłomańska, Agnieszka, 2009. "Subdynamics of financial data from fractional Fokker-Planck equation," MPRA Paper 30649, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sokolov, I.M & Chechkin, A.V & Klafter, J, 2004. "Fractional diffusion equation for a power-law-truncated Lévy process," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 336(3), pages 245-251.
- Sebastian Orzel & Aleksander Weron, 2009. "Calibration of the subdiffusive Black–Scholes model," HSC Research Reports HSC/09/02, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Pavel Cizek & Wolfgang Karl Härdle & Rafal Weron, 2005. "Statistical Tools for Finance and Insurance," HSC Books, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology, number hsbook0501.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.