O abodare de ansamblu privind provocările adoptării euro: cazul României
[An overview of euro adoption challenges: the case of Romania]
AbstractAbstract. The scope of this paper is to highlight the Romanian strategy towards the euro adoption. We structured our article on sections that cover four main research directions. The first one illustrates the interlinkages between nominal and real convergence; the second presents a comparative analysis Romania-Slovakia; the third one points out the possible scenarios ex post common currency’ introduction and the fourth underlines the necessity of reforming the euro area entry criteria. We conclude by saying that the decision to join the Eurozone should not be taken only in terms of the ability to achieve the nominal convergence criteria, but also in relation to the progress of real convergence phenomenon. In their absence, the economy will become peripheral, less flexible and unable to manage and eliminate the shocks affecting it.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 28420.
Date of creation: 26 Jan 2011
Date of revision:
economic and monetary union; convergence criteria; optimum currency area; catching-up process; structural reforms; financial system;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zsolt Darvas, 2010.
"The Case for Reforming Euro Area Entry Criteria,"
IEHAS Discussion Papers, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
1022, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Zsolt Darvas, 2010. "The Case for Reforming Euro Area Entry Criteria," Working Papers, Department of Mathematical Economics and Economic Analysis, Corvinus University of Budapest 1003, Department of Mathematical Economics and Economic Analysis, Corvinus University of Budapest.
- Iancu Aurel, 2007.
Romanian Society for Economic Science, Revista OEconomica, issue 02, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.