Tendance, profil et déterminants de la pauvreté au Mali de 2001 à 2006
[Poverty Trends and Determinants in Mali from 2001 to 2006]
AbstractThis paper analyzes the trend in, and determinants of poverty in Mali from 2001 and 2006. Thanks to strong economic growth, poverty has been reduced. Yet due to demographic growth, the number of the poor is still increasing. Households working in agriculture, especially in the cotton producing area of Sikasso, suffer from higher rates of poverty. Other household characteristics also affect consumption levels and thereby poverty.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 27753.
Date of creation: Sep 2009
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Perspective Afrique 4.1-3, A(2009): pp. 1-24
Other versions of this item:
- Prospère Backiny-Yetna & Franck Adoho & Issa Bouaré & Virginie Briand & Kassim Dabitao & Assa Gakou & Estelle Sommeiller & Dramane Traoré & Clarence Tsimpo & Quentin Wodon, 2009. "Tendance, profil et déterminants de la pauvreté au Mali de 2001 à 2006," Perspective Afrique, Association Africaine pour les Sciences sociales, vol. 4(1-3), pages 1-24.
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua, 2003.
"Measuring pro-poor growth,"
Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 93-99, January.
- Quentin Wodon, 1997. "Food energy intake and cost of basic needs: Measuring poverty in Bangladesh," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 66-101.
- Christiaensen, Luc & Scott, Christopher & Wodon, Quentin, 2002. "Poverty Measurement and Analysis," MPRA Paper 45362, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.