Steuervorteile durch Versorgungszusagen in Arbeitsverträgen
[Tax benefits from employer-sponsored pension plans]
AbstractIn Germany, there are four different legal structures for employer-sponsored pension plans. Tax treatment at the firm level as well as at the level of the employee or pensioner differs between these four vehicles. This article evaluates and compares the tax benefit from comparable plans within the four different vehicles in a capital budgeting model which takes into account cash flows of both parties – employer and employee. We abstract from non-tax differences, such as administrative costs, investment rules, or different possible risk-return-profiles. After a brief overview of the literature, in Section 2 the assumptions and the structure of the calculus are presented. Section 3 is devoted to individual retirement savings out of taxed income. These results are used as a benchmark for the employer-sponsored pension schemes. Section 4 presents calculations for all four legal forms of pension plans and illustrates them with an example. A detailed comparison of the alternatives and a discussion of the results are given in Section 5. Section 6 summarizes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 27262.
Date of creation: Feb 2003
Date of revision:
betriebliche Altersversorgung; individuelles Vorsorgesparen;
Other versions of this item:
- Brassat, Marcel & Kiesewetter, Dirk, 2002. "Steuervorteile durch Versorgungszusagen in Arbeitsverträgen," TÃ¼binger DiskussionsbeitrÃ¤ge 248, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Niemann, Rainer & Kiesewetter, Dirk, 2002.
"Zur steuerlichen Vorteilhaftigkeit von Kapitallebensversicherungen
[The tax advantages of life insurance policies]," MPRA Paper 27277, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Niemann, Rainer & Kiesewetter, Dirk, 2002. "Zur steuerlichen Vorteilhaftigkeit von Kapitallebensversicherungen," TÃ¼binger DiskussionsbeitrÃ¤ge 239, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Dirk Kiesewetter & Rainer Niemann, 2002. "Neutral and Equitable Taxation of Pensions as Capital Income," CESifo Working Paper Series 706, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kiesewetter, Dirk, 2001. "Für wen lohnt sich die Riester-Rente?," TÃ¼binger DiskussionsbeitrÃ¤ge 224, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Hager, Svenja & Schöbel, Rainer, 2006. "Deriving the dependence structure of portfolio credit derivatives using evolutionary algorithms," TÃ¼binger DiskussionsbeitrÃ¤ge 300, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Rostek, Stefan & Schöbel, Rainer, 2006. "Risk preference based option pricing in a fractional Brownian market," TÃ¼binger DiskussionsbeitrÃ¤ge 299, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Köpke, Nikola & Baten, Jörg, 2003.
"The biological standard of living in Europe during the last two millennia,"
265, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Koepke, Nikola & Baten, Joerg, 2005. "The biological standard of living in Europe during the last two millennia," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(01), pages 61-95, April.
- Pitterle, Ingo & Steffen, Dirk, 2004. "Welfare Effects of Fiscal Policy under Alternative Exchange Rate Regimes : The Role of the Scale Variable of Money Demand," TÃ¼binger DiskussionsbeitrÃ¤ge 284, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Stadler, Manfred, 2003. "Innovation and growth: The role of labor-force qualification," TÃ¼binger DiskussionsbeitrÃ¤ge 255, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Baten, Jörg & Wallusch, Jacek, 2003. "Market integration and disintegration of Poland and Gemany [Germany] in the 18th century," TÃ¼binger DiskussionsbeitrÃ¤ge 268, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.