Analysis of Public Expenditure on Education in Pakistan
AbstractThis study attempts to analyse the priorities accorded to Education by the federal as well as the provincial governments. Since education is in large part a provincial responsibility, a comparative analysis of the performance of the public sector education in the four provinces of Pakistan would be useful to provide feedbacks to the provincial administrations of relative strengths and weaknesses of their educational system. Also, differences in priorities and performance among provinces provide useful insights, and, more importantly, raise many questions for planners. Such an analysis is also necessary for overall resource allocation. The analysis will be extended to district level but confined to Punjab and Sindh due to data constraints. The study will also examine the disparities in budget allocations to education in the two provinces.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 2722.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Pakistan Development Review 4 Pt. II.42(2003): pp. 771-780
Education; Public expenditures; Pakistan;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I22 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Educational Finance; Financial Aid
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Khwaja Sarmad & Fazal Husain & G. M. Zahid, 1989. "The Education Sector in Pakistan," PIDE-Working Papers, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics 1989:156, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Muhammad Akram & Faheem Jehangir Khan, 2007.
"Public Provision of Education and Government Spending in Pakistan,"
PIDE-Working Papers, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics
2007:40, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Muhammad Akram & Faheem Jehangir Khan, 2007. "Public Provision of Education and Government Spending in Pakistan," Governance Working Papers 22183, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Ahmed Nawaz Hakro & Muhammed Akram, 2007. "The Incidence of Government Expenditures on Education and Health: Microeconomic Evidence from Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 12(2), pages 27-48, Jul-Dec.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.