Küresel Kriz Dersleri Işığında Aracı Kurumlarda Finansal Dayanıklılığı Artıran Düzenlemelerin Gözden Geçirilmesi
[Review the Regulations of Financial Strength in Securities Firms in the Light of Global Crisis Lessons]
AbstractHowever there are minumum self discipline regulations for securities firms, crisis has showed risk management standards must go beyond the minumum. There are two important deficiencies in turkish securities firms’ regulations of financial strength. The first is securities firms are using minumum risk management standards defined by the regulations. As observation, we may also argue that small firms can’t use sophisticated technics. Secondly, regulatory capital and financial risks defined by the regulations are essentially based on basel i standards. In this study, we argue that these deficiencies would be the reasons of inherent weaknesses in the industry’s risk management framework.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 27072.
Date of creation: 09 Oct 2010
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in EKONOMİ BİLİMLERİ DERGİSİ Cilt 2.Sayı 2(2010): pp. 157-165
Investment banking; global financial crisis; securities firms; financial strength.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-12-04 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kristopher S. Gerardi & Andreas Lehnert & Shane M. Sherlund & Paul S. Willen, 2009.
"Making sense of the subprime crisis,"
Public Policy Discussion Paper
09-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Franklin Allen & Richard Herring, 2001. "Banking Regulation versus Securities Market Regulation," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-29, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.