Europe, the US and the world economy: Alan Greenspan’s search for a fifth Kondradieff
AbstractThis paper was presented at 15:00 hours local time in Ankara, Turkey on 11th September 2001. On the basis of an economic analysis of the world economy it surmises an entry into an ‘age of war’ – a period of financial and military competition between advanced countries comparable to the period of classical imperialism from 1893-1918. At the close of the session which was 17:00 hours local time, being 8 hours ahead of Eastern time, hence 9:00am Eastern time, I was scheduled for an interview on Turkish television. ‘First, there is something you should see’, said the reporter. He led me to the television van where CNN footage showing an aircraft impacting the first trade tower. The second impact occurred as I watched. I emerged from the van five hours later and the interview never took place.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 2591.
Date of creation: Aug 2001
Date of revision: 11 Sep 2001
9/11; World Economy; Kondratieff; Development; Europe; US; value; price; TSSI; temporalism; profit rate; polarisation; inequality; globalisation; deregulation; imperialism; World Systems Theory; unequal exchange; dependency; North-South;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O34 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property Rights
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- O24 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Trade Policy; Factor Movement; Foreign Exchange Policy
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Freeman, Alan, 2009. "Marxism without Marx: a note towards a critique," MPRA Paper 48618, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 17 Nov 2009.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.