Forecasting the Growth of e-Tourism Sector: The Case Study of Mediterranean Countries
AbstractTourism is one of the first services sectors to adapt and use Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for promoting its services. ICT enable travelers to access reliable and accurate information, as well as to make reservations in a fraction of the time and the cost. The objective of this work is to measure the impact of ICT on the tourism sector growth. Assuming that the increase of e-tourism sector depends on the increase in tourism demand and internet penetration, we examine the case of all Mediterranean EU member countries, and forecast the growth of online tourism services.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 25439.
Date of creation: 06 Jul 2009
Date of revision: 25 Aug 2009
Publication status: Published in TOURISMOS: An International Multidisciplinary Journal of Tourism 3.4(2009): pp. 113-125
e-Tourism; ICT; forecasting techniques;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- M1 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Recreation; Tourism
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Garcia-Ferrer, Antonio & Queralt, Ricardo A., 1997. "A note on forecasting international tourism demand in Spain," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 539-549, December.
- Witt, Stephen F. & Witt, Christine A., 1995. "Forecasting tourism demand: A review of empirical research," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 447-475, September.
- du Preez, Johann & Witt, Stephen F., 2003. "Univariate versus multivariate time series forecasting: an application to international tourism demand," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 435-451.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.