AbstractTwo main problems have been emerging in supply chain management: the increasing pressure to reduce working capital and the growing variety of products. Most of the popular indicators have been developed based on a controlled environment. A new indicator is now proposed, based on the uncertainty of the demand, the flexibility of the supply chains, the evolution of the products lifecycle and the fulfillment of a required service level. The model to support the indicator will be developed within the real options approach.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 25126.
Date of creation: 08 Jun 2010
Date of revision:
overstock; stock management; real options;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- L. Wade, 1988. "Review," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 99-100, July.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1986.
"Irreversible investment, capacity choice, and the value of the firm,"
1802-86., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1988. "Irreversible Investment, Capacity Choice, and the Value of the Firm," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 969-85, December.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1986. "Irreversible Investment, Capacity Choice, and the Value of the Firm," NBER Working Papers 1980, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matuyama, Keisuke & Sumita, Tomofumi & Wakayama, Daiki, 2009. "Periodic forecast and feedback to maintain target inventory level," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 298-304, March.
- Mukhopadhyay, Samar K. & Ma, Huafan, 2009. "Joint procurement and production decisions in remanufacturing under quality and demand uncertainty," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 5-17, July.
- Lusa, Amaia & Corominas, Albert & Muñoz, Norberto, 2008. "A multistage scenario optimisation procedure to plan annualised working hours under demand uncertainty," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 957-968, June.
- Ryu, Seung-Jin & Tsukishima, Takahiro & Onari, Hisashi, 2009. "A study on evaluation of demand information-sharing methods in supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 162-175, July.
- Sodhi, ManMohan S. & Tang, Christopher S., 2009. "Modeling supply-chain planning under demand uncertainty using stochastic programming: A survey motivated by asset-liability management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 728-738, October.
- Graman, Gregory A., 2010. "A partial-postponement decision cost model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 201(1), pages 34-44, February.
- Borgonovo, E. & Peccati, L., 2007. "Global sensitivity analysis in inventory management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(1-2), pages 302-313, July.
- Hemmelmayr, Vera & Doerner, Karl F. & Hartl, Richard F. & Savelsbergh, Martin W.P., 2010. "Vendor managed inventory for environments with stochastic product usage," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(3), pages 686-695, May.
- Handfield, Robert & Warsing, Don & Wu, Xinmin, 2009. "(Q,r) Inventory policies in a fuzzy uncertain supply chain environment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 197(2), pages 609-619, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.