Assessing EU-10 Banking Sector's Resilience to Credit Losses
AbstractThe article estimates the likely credit losses in the EU10 countries' banking sector, supposing that economic conditions were to deteriorate further, and that local currencies were depreciated. Factors that may affect the cumulative level of credit losses are discussed. The article concludes that even if the macroeconomic environment were to worsen, credit losses in the EU10 banking sector are likely to be substantial, but remain manageable.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 24631.
Date of creation: 01 Jan 2010
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Kwartalnik Nauk o Przedsiebiorstwie 2010/1.14(2010): pp. 62-69
EU10; credit losses; banking sector; banking crisis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-09-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2010-09-18 (Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2010-09-18 (European Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sugawara, Naotaka & Sulla, Victor & Taylor, Ashley & Tiongson, Erwin R., 2010.
"The Crisis Hits Home: Stress-Testing Households in Europe and Central Asia,"
World Bank - Economic Premise,
The World Bank, issue 12, pages 1-4, May.
- Erwin R. Tiongson & Naotaka Sugawara & Victor Sulla & Ashley Taylor & Anna I. Gueorguieva & Victoria Levin & Kalanidhi Subbarao, 2010. "The Crisis Hits Home : Stress-Testing Households in Europe and Central Asia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2396, March.
- Naotaka Sugawara & Victor Sulla & Ashley Taylor & Erwin R. Tiongson, 2010. "The Crisis Hits Home : Stress-Testing Households in Europe and Central Asia," World Bank Other Operational Studies 10185, The World Bank.
- Fabian Valencia & Luc Laeven, 2008. "Systemic Banking Crises: A New Database," IMF Working Papers 08/224, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.