Interactive management of time series
AbstractAt tbe IBM Pisa Scientific Center an interactive package has been developed under CP-67/CMS, which is particularly helpful when the data to be processed are time series. The interactive facilities of the operating system CP-67/CMS are strenghtened in such a way as to allow an easy interactive correction procedure during the execution of any command. The central file of time series data is available to be interactively shared among several users. Each user can also keep and use her/his own private series. Time series can have annual, semestral, quarterly or monthly entries. Arithmetic, algebraic and trigonometric operators, special operators - mean, variance, maximum, minimum, lagging, variation rate, first difference and selection of a part of a series - are supplied for interactive use. When applied to a time series, monadic operators - logarithm, exponential, etc - return a new series with different numeric data. When applied to two time series with the same periodicity (e.g. both with annual data, etc) dyadic operators - mm, subtraction, etc - return a new series referring to the period common to both the original series. Three interactive methods of estimation are supplied: ordinary least squares (OLS), two stage least squares (TSLS), limited information single equation (LISE). Correlation matrix and graphic plotting routines are provided. In addition it is easy for users with some experience of computer processing to insert special functions in the IMTS environment.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 24539.
Date of creation: 1974
Date of revision:
Interactive programming language; time series; algebraic transformation; monadic operators; dyadic operators; econometric models;
Other versions of this item:
- Calzolari, Giorgio, 1974. "Interactive management for time series," MPRA Paper 22693, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 1974.
- Bianchi, Carlo & Calzolari, Giorgio & Corsi, Paoli, 1974. "Interactive management of time series," MPRA Paper 23061, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 1974.
- C87 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Econometric Software
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bianchi, Carlo & Calzolari, Giorgio & Corsi, Paolo, 1975.
"DMS/2: un sistema per la soluzione e simulazione interattiva di modelli econometrici
[DMS/2: a system for interactive solution and simulation of econometric models]," MPRA Paper 24881, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bianchi, Carlo & Calzolari, Giorgio & Corsi, Paolo, 1976. "Monte Carlo methods in econometrics: a package for the stochastic simulation," MPRA Paper 24538, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bianchi, Carlo & Calzolari, Giorgio & Corsi, Paolo, 1976. "User defined functions and operators," MPRA Paper 23063, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 1976.
- Bianchi, Carlo & Calzolari, Giorgio & Corsi, Paolo & Sartori, Franco & Specioso, Isidoro, 1974.
"Aggiornamento del modello al 1974 e nuove simulazioni
[Updating the model and new simulations for 1974]," MPRA Paper 22677, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 1975.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.