Accesibilidad al régimen contributivo de salud en Colombia: caso de la población rural migrante
[Accessibility to the contributing regime of health in Colombia: the case of the migrant rural population]
AbstractThe objective of this document is to analyze the determinants of the probability that the migrant rural population colombian, will acceded to the contributing regime of health in 2006. We consider a logit model and data of the Encuesta Continua de Hogares, which is applied by the Departamento Administrativo Nacional de Estadística (DANE). The model contains variables such as: sex, age, civil state, head of household, education,education of the head of household and reason of the migration. All the variables including in the model turned out to be signicant. In agreement with the results, to have more years of approved education, to be man, and to be married or in free union they generate a positive effect on the probability of being aliate to the contributing regime of health. Of another side, an increase in the age, being head of household or migrated for involuntary reasons aects the probability that negatively the migrant ones of the countryside accede to the contributing regime.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 24393.
Date of creation: 07 Sep 2009
Date of revision: 30 Aug 2009
Publication status: Published in Revista Desarrollo y Sociedad 0120-3584.64(2009): pp. 153-172
Acceso a Salud; Régimen Contributivo; Modelo Logit; Migrantes;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - General
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Raquel Bernal & Mauricio Cárdenas Santa María, 2005. "Race and Ethnic Inequality in Health and Health Care in Colombia," WORKING PAPERS SERIES. DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 003413, FEDESARROLLO.
- Sandra Rodríguez & Paola Roldán, 2008. "Estimación de los determinantes del acceso a los servicios de salud en la region Caribe," Revista de Economía del Caribe, UNIVERSIDAD DEL NORTE.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.