Capital depreciation and waste accumulation in capital-resource economies
AbstractIn this note, we investigate how the depreciation of a manufactured stock and the related accumulation of a waste stock can alter the optimal path of the capital-resource economy. It is shown that the optimal consumption path is aected by how the disuse pattern of the manufactured stock in question is distributed, specifically with forward-looking terms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 23786.
Date of creation: 22 Feb 2010
Date of revision:
capital depreciation; waste accumulation; capital-resource model; optimal control;
Other versions of this item:
- R. Yamaguchi & K. Ueta, 2011. "Capital depreciation and waste accumulation in capital-resource economies," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 18(6), pages 519-522.
- Q32 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Exhaustible Resources and Economic Development
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-17 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simone Valente, 2004.
"Sustainable Development: Renewable Resources and Technological Progress,"
CEIS Research Paper
54, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Simone Valente, 2005. "Sustainable Development, Renewable Resources and Technological Progress," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 30(1), pages 115-125, January.
- Kamien, Morton I & Muller, E, 1976. "Optimal Control with Integral State Equations," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(3), pages 469-73, October.
- Aronsson, Thomas & Lofgren, Karl-Gustaf, 2008. "Welfare equivalent NNP and habit formation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 84-88, January.
- Thomas Eichner & Marco Runkel, 2005. "Efficient Policies for Green Design in a Vintage Durable Good Model," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 30(3), pages 259-278, 03.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.