Marketing Capability, Strategy and Business Performance in Emerging Markets of Pakistan
AbstractIn this project an attempt has been made to demonstrate a positive relationship between marketing capabilities and Strategy using Porters framework and corporate performance in an emerging/developing market of Pakistan. This paper reports a study that marketing practice regulates the relationship between marketing capabilities & Strategy using Porters framework and business performance. In turn, the type of marketing practice adopted is moderated by the market served. Various studies have suggested that marketing capabilities & Strategy using Porters framework influences business performance. These discussions are summarized by a theoretical model and a series of theoretical propositions. The results suggest that Marketing Capabilities and Strategy frame exist in the business environment of Pakistan but there is a weak relationship with firm performance.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 23642.
Date of creation: Nov 2009
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in IUB Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities 2.7(2009): pp. 88-102
Marketing Capabilities; Competitive Advantages; Business strategy; Firm Performance;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- M30 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2010-07-10 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-MKT-2010-07-10 (Marketing)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- N. Venkatraman, 1989. "Strategic Orientation of Business Enterprises: The Construct, Dimensionality, and Measurement," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(8), pages 942-962, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.