An explanation of the occupational and educational structure of employment by means of multinomial logit
AbstractThe fixed coefficient manpower requirements approach provides information on shifts in the occupational and educational structure of employment over time, but neglects the substitution between the various occupations and educational groups. In this study shifts in the structure of 83 occupations within 21 branches of industry in the Netherlands from 1981 to 1985 are explained by past occupational structures and technological developments. Besides, the educational structures according to 58 educational groups within the occurring combinations of the 83 occupational classes and 21 branches of industry in the Netherlands from 1981 to 1985 are explained by past educational structures, technological developments and the skill structure of labour supply. The explanation of both employment structures are carried out by means of multinomial logit.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 23615.
Date of creation: Jul 1990
Date of revision:
labour market; education; occupation; multinomial logit;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard B. Freeman, 1980.
"An Empirical Analysis of the Fixed Coefficient "Manpower Requirements" Model, 1960-1970,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 15(2), pages 176-199.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1979. "An Empirical Analysis of the Fixed Coefficient 'Manpower Requirements' Model, 1960-1970," NBER Working Papers 0315, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Parks, Richard W., 1980. "On the estimation of multinomial logit models from relative frequency data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 293-303, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.