The circulation of euro banknotes and coins in the Netherlands
AbstractIn the countries of the European economic and monetary union euro banknotes and coins will be put into circulation from January 1, 2002. Seven new banknotes will be issued and eight new coins. Each member country is responsible for the production and distribution of its domestic euro circulation. Therefore, these countries, in casu central banks and ministries of finance, each draw up their own plan for this project.We unfold a methodology for indicative forecasts of the euro circulation needed in 2002 by proposing two methods. The first method uses econometric models describing the demand for banknotes and the demand for coins. The second method starts from estimated over-the-counter payments in 2002, and calculates the required notes and coins.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 23535.
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
euro banknotes; euro coins; central banks; economic and monetary union;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fase, M. M. G., 1981. "Forecasting the demand for banknotes: some empirical results for the Netherlands," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 269-278, March.
- Goldin, Ephraim, 1985. "Statistical Analysis of Coins Lost in Circulation," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(1), pages 36-42, January.
- Cramer, J. S., 1983. "Currency by denomination," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 12(3-4), pages 299-303.
- Boeschoten, W C & Fase, M M G, 1989. "The Way We Pay with Money," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 7(3), pages 319-26, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.