Dilemas de decisión (Nozick) y compañías militares de seguridad privada en Colombia
[Dilemmas of decision (Nozick) and private military security companies in Colombia]
AbstractUsing two theoretical categories of the work of Robert Nozick: (a) protection agencies and (b) minimal state, to illustrate by analogy with the CMSP, the dilemmas arising from the use of private military in regions with civil wars and conflicts irregular. We see that the relations preserved PBMC protection agencies (AP) as they act and are consolidated as an economic market and through coalitions that can replace the monopoly of force of modern states. Indeed, protection agencies to Nozick the same characteristics of the new mercenary armies, only the latter have managed to systematize their methods of recruitment services in the wider protection market
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 22940.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Private military companies; military affairs; mercenaries; human rights; decision dilemmas;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
- H5 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
- D0 - Microeconomics - - General
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances
- H56 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - National Security and War
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-06-04 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statistics
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.