Business Intelligence - The Standard Tool of a Modern Company
AbstractThe present state of world economy is largely affected by economic crisis. Managers look for new ways and procedures which can start an economic growth. To support this, companies need much better systems providing the managers adequate and sufficient information. This type of information, which is usually multidimensional, can be provided by the Business Intelligence (BI) technologies. The paper briefly presents the benefits of BI technologies and shows the possibilities of BI in support of decision-making processes, e-commerce systems and corporate strategy development.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 22936.
Date of creation: 27 May 2010
Date of revision:
Corporate strategy; e-commerce; decision-making processes; Business Intelligence (BI);
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- P40 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - General
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- O20 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - General
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- P49 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Other
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-06-04 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.